We love discovery.
We are a lab at Discovery Ridge at the University of Missouri. Also, this is not an official university website.
- Mission. Create and publish data that will make a difference in the lives of people and animals.
- Guiding Questions. What is the basis of resilience? How do tissues interact to affect brain function and behavior?
- Methodologies. Molecular, cellular, genetic, pharmacological, electrochemical, and behavioral.
- Values. Integrity, Commitment, Excellence, Service.
- Philosophy. Science is creative work. Scientists discover compelling stories about the nature of life.
So, what is it like out at Discovery Ridge?
- Agata Grzelak* immunity, stress, and behavior in mice
- Ava Song* glucocorticoid resistance in dogs
- Elizabeth Farnan* rat social hierarchy (w/Amos-Landgraf Lab)
- Jenna Klug*, (Kstate) stress, zebrafish (w/Bryda Lab)
- Kyle Crowson* depressive-like behavior in mice
- Zijin Zhou* seizure monitoring in mice
- Karen Trott* anxiety behavior in mice
- Sharon Hasselbach*, Jenna Pannone*, Yaira Rivera*, Adri Casagrande* housing effects on microbiome (w/Ericsson and Franklin Labs)
- Methma Udawatta^ (Brown), mouse behavior
- Lauren Silverstein* (Western U), rat odor effects on mouse behavior (w/Bryda Lab)
- Cassandra Jacobs* epigenetics of stress genes in dolphins (with Amos-Landgraf Lab)
- Marcia Hart, D.V.M.# pathology in aging mice (w/Treuting Lab, University of Washington)
- Anna Ludlow# microglial phagocytosis
- Anna Clark* housing effects on infanticide in mice (w/Ericsson and Franklin Labs)
- Nicole Holleuffer* enrichment and behavior in fish
- Joel Saeger^ effects of odors on mouse behavior (w/Bryda Lab)
- Karen Mallinson-Chandler* olfactory enrichment for primates (w/Animal Resources)
*vet student #grad student ^undergrad
Learning philosophy inspired by
- MU Discovery Ridge Faculty: Craig Franklin, D.V.M., Ph.D.; Elizabeth Bryda, Ph.D., Jim Amos-Landgraf, Ph.D., Yuksel Agca, D.V.M., M.S., Ph.D, and Aaron Ericsson, D.V.M., Ph.D.
- DeClue Lab
- The Brookfield Zoo / Chicago Zoological Society
- Bruchas Lab
- UW Comparative Medicine
- Beversdorf Lab
- Center for Translational Neuroscience at MU
- Montine and Keene Labs
- Neumaier Lab
- Schenk Lab
- Chavkin Lab
- Sara Cary at s. s. illustrations
- IDEXX Biosciences
- Maria Elena Garcia, M.A., Ph.D.
- H. Denny Liggitt, D.V.M., Ph.D., DACVP
- Piper M. Treuting, D.V.M., M.S., DACVP
- James H. Jones, D.V.M, Ph.D.
- M. Bruce MacIver, M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Patricia Ryan Madson